1. Call Centre Management
The pressure to execute on Sales and Service Strategies in the Contact Centre requires managers and leaders to unlock both individual agent and team performance. Coaching is an essential tool to capture hearts and minds
module 1: understanding coaching
- Define coaching.
- Understand coaching as key a key leadership skill in the new economy and new world of work.
- Understanding the applications and functions of coaching in a Contact Centre.
- Understand Contact Centre coaching trends and modelling.
- Apply the applications and functions of coaching in own Contact Centre.
- Understand own role in the coaching process.
- Understand the interaction between coaching, quality assurance and performance management in a Contact Centre.
- Understand the impact of coaching on Contact Centre performance.
Module 2: Creating a coaching culture
- Understand the need to create a coaching culture.
- Define the personal and modelling blueprint to create a coaching culture.
- Assess own blueprint in relation to coaching culture.
- Understand the importance of empowerment and visibility in creating a coaching culture.
- Develop own personal blueprint to create a coaching culture in own Contact Centre.
Module 3: Coaching as a process
- Understand coaching as a process.
- Define the coaching process (performance assessment, contracting and objective setting, role modelling, feedback and reviewing).
- Apply the coaching process in own Contact Centre.
- Understand the requirements of a coaching plan.
- Develop a coaching plan in own Contact Centre.
- Understand the requirements of a coaching contract.
- Develop a coaching contract in own Contact Centre.
- Understand the role of ‘coachable moments’ in a Contact Centre.
- Identify coachable moments in own Contact Centre coaching.
- Understand the role of technology in Contact Centre coaching.
- Apply coaching tools in own Contact Centre.
module 4: development a coaching toolkit
Develop a toolkit of skills, knowledge, techniques to apply in own workplace.
module 5: Target population
All Contact Centre Team leaders in a Sales or Service Contact Centre engaged in Coaching.
Two days plus one day optional Application day
Experiential learning process including pre reading, facilitator led services, case studies, video, individual and group activities.
pre – requisite learning
- Numeracy at NQF level 3 or equivalent.
- English at NQF level 3 or equivalent.
- Second language at NQF level 3 or equivalent, and computer operating skills at NQF 3 or equivalent.
2. Presentation Skills
Delivering powerful and convincing presentations using a diversity of media is a critical communication tool whether engaging with customers or internal stakeholders. This workshop equips individuals with a toolkit if skills to present with impact, providing videotaped practice sessions and practical, customised feedback.
Constructing your presentation
- Set a clear presentation objective (e.g. Inform, convincing, buy-in, selling, etc).
- Explore innovative and creative idea generating tools.
- Understand all the relevant planning elements of an effective presentation.
- Design a logical presentation structure.
- Analysing your audience needs and match your presentation content with the needs of the audience.
- Create an attention grabbing opening and closing statement.
- Discuss how to manage yourself in presentation:
- Using body language to demonstrate confidence
- Minimise distracting habits / gestures
- Maximise voice projection
- Identify your strengths as a presenter
- Discuss how to convey a professional image
- Selecting appropriate media
- Discuss techniques to manage your nerves
Engaging your audience
- Discuss how you to grab the attention of your audience
- Discuss techniques to involve different role players (eg. low reactor, aggressor, etc)
- Discuss managing audience diversity
- Getting Audience Action
- Discuss the factor of audience discussions and interactions
- Selecting appropriate media
- Discuss techniques to manage your nerves
Practical coaching and video taped sessions
Various videotaped practice sessions, enabling detailed personalised coaching and feedback by an Expert Coach.
This worship is aimed at any individual who needs to deliver impactful and convincing presentations.
Interactive workshop medium, including a learner workbook, and development of a Personal Development Plan. Learners will each create and deliver a presentation during the workshop.
3. Team Building
Execution of the Sales and Service Strategy requires Contact Centre Agents to interact using high impact, customer centric communication. This workshop equips Contact Centre Agents with telephone techniques and methods to use their voice with impact to enable effective relationship building and customer centric communication using telephone technology.
Module 1: introduction
- Understand the fundamentals and benefits of working in a High Performance team.
- Understand the difference between a team and a group.
- Know what makes teams successful.
module 2: individual and team goals
- Understand the importance of reporting on goals and progress.
- Understand the steps to report on goals and progress.
module 3: All about teams
- Identify the key ingredients of team building.
- Understand the stages of team formation.
- identify relationships within teams and agents role in a team.
- Understand team dynamics.
- Understand the eight characteristics of high performance teams.
module 4: dealing with team conflict
- Understand what causes team conflict.
- Resolve team conflict.
- Use your creativity to help solve team problems
Module 5: Communication in teams
- Have a greater understanding of communication within teams.
- Understand the importance of consulting your team.
- Learning about giving and accepting feedback for continuous improvement.
- Understand barriers to communication.
- Understanding barriers to communication in teams and how to deal with these.
- Giving and accepting feedback.
All employees who are involved in telephone marketing and selling.
Experiential learning process including games, group and individual activities, case studies and videos.
- Numeracy at NQF Level 1 or equivalent.
- English at NQF Level 1 or equivalent.
- Second language at NQF 1 or equivalent.
- Computer operating skills at NQF 1 or equivalent.
4. Conflict Management
Do you feel, as a manager or supervisor, that you waste huge amounts of emotional energy, as well as valuable time, trying to resolve conflict that arises between individuals, teams, and even between departments that you manage? Do you find this aspect of your job particularly stressful and challenging? The conflict Management workshop has been specifically designed to help you manage this conflict in a positive way.
- Define Conflict
- Understand how conflict impacts on customer centricity.
- Understand more thoroughly your role in managing conflict.
- Understand how influential a responsive leader can be.
- Understand the role of communication in conflict management.
- Deal more effectively with the “Human Speed Bumps” in your team.
- Understand more fully the dynamics of team conflict.
- Identify and work with the five stage cycle necessary to achieve a productive team.
- Understand how to work with, and turn around, negative team attitudes.
- Implement effective techniques for managing conflict.
- Understand that conflict is an essential ingredient for growth.
- Apply strategies to achieve optimal team functioning.
- Identify early warning signs pointing towards destructive team conflict.
This program is aimed at supervisors and managers who need to deal with conflict that arises in the workplace. It will assist supervisors and managers to seek resolution through positive conflict management when dealing with a potentially violent disagreement, complaints by a staff member against another and conflict in groups.
Experiential learning process including pre reading, facilitator led activities, assessment, case studies, video, individual and group activities.
5. Employee Engagement : Executive Coaching
This course enables leaders to drive a culture of both individual and team performance. Coaching is an essential tool lead by high performance, execution culture. This workshop develops executive skills for leading a high performance culture to execute towards the Sales and Service strategy.
module 1 : creating a coaching culture
- Understanding the concept of coaching for high performance.
- Understand the positive impact of creating a coaching culture.
- Identify the synergy that exists between the businesses strategic drivers and the impact of creating a coaching culture.
- Understand the formation of organisational culture.
- Recognise the value of aligning values, attitude, behaviours and processes so as to develop a coaching culture.
- Identify the shared values that form the foundation of an organisational coaching culture.
- Increase awareness of current state, desired state and initiatives to move towards the disked coaching culture.
- Consider obstacles to creating a coaching culture.
- Review strategic plans for creating a coaching culture.
module 2 : The coaching climate
- Understand the essential elements of a coaching climate.
- The attitude of the coach
- Personal empowerment
- Supporting the stages of learning
- Reward and reinforcement
- Coaching and Excellence
- The “relationship” and “task” aspects of the concept of coaching.
module 3: modelling coaching behaviors
- Develop an awareness of the critical importance of leaders sending consistent messages i.e. modelling coaching behaviours.
- Understand the concept of coaching as a leadership style.
- Recognise the differences between various leadership styles and the advantages and disadvantages of each style.
- Understand the importance of being able to style “flex” so as to choose the most appropriate style in a given situation.
- Develop skills for building collaborative, trusting relationships, giving effective recognition and praise and enhance skills for giving constructive feedback.
- Understand how the GROWS model facilitates a collaborative coaching process.
- Understand how the EDICT model can be used for specific skill transfer.
module 4 : Self-awareness – the key to leading and coaching with integrity
- Understand the concept of self awareness.
- Recognise the impact of self awareness upon Leadership style and coaching interactions.
- Increase self-awareness by considering 360 feedback.
Experiential learning process including facilitator led activities, case studies, individual and group activities.
6. Career Management and Development
Personal and career coaching helps individuals to more effectively deal with the changing demands of the workplace and provide a customised toolkit to achieve professional excellence.
trainees can expect to:
- Gain greater insight and perspective into life situations and goals.
- Create a clear vision and set meaningful, achievable goals.
- Improve and increase their professional effectiveness.
- Gain greater focus.
- Improve time management.
- Increase goal orientated action.
- Employ fewer avoidance and deterrent patterns.
- Develop natural abilities and enhance skills.
- Gain greater self confidence
- Enhance their current career and help them to excel at their job.
- Build on previous successes and achievements.
- Discover mission and life purpose and design career goals.
- Increase motivation, confidence and drive.
- Unlock real potential.
- Develop skills against specific business skills gap (e.g. Negotiation Skills, Conflict Handling Skills).
Individuals within and out of an organisation who want to realise their full potential.
1hr session per week, for 12 weeks.
One-on-one, face to face or telephonic sessions with an accredited coach.
7. Train the Trainer
- To demonstrate training capabilities by presenting a short course.
- Use accelerated learning principles and suitable instructional methods to deliver effective courses.
- Sequence the course structure based on best practices in line with established learning principles.
- Present your training content effectively while employing established learning principles.
- Use training tools in line with human perception capabilities to maximise information transfer.
- Increase learning based on cognitive training model, training theories and memory patterns.
- Take advantage of multiple channels of communication by exporting the environment, using body language and training aids, and
- Use powerful questioning techniques, increase delegates participation, coach and handle difficult situations.
module 1 : learning theory
- Define the methods of learning and identify how they can be demonstrated practically to the styles when delivering training.
- Identify different learning characteristics taking into account the different characteristics people demonstrate when learning and understanding what this means for trainers.
- Highlighting the importance of structure to any training intervention.
module 2: Preparing the training
- Categorising the learning that is required, why it is required and indeed if training is the best approach.
- Understanding who it is that will be trained and their likely individual and specific requirements. As well as other variables.
module 3: Training delivery
- Assisting participants by helping them to keep the focus on the right things.
- Highlighting the importance of questioning to provide an effective training session.
- Providing positive, open and honest feedback to participants and ensuring they benefit from feedback during training.
- Looking at different personalities of people that attend training and how to manage these so that everyone achieves their objectives.
- Looking at different methods of evaluating and assessing training from a theoretical and practical point of view.
Line manager. HR practitioner, or anyone involved in delivering or presenting training courses.
Facilitator-led activities, case studies, video, individual and group activities.
8. Performance Management System (PMS)
To equip learners with the skills they need to be able to manage performance effectively. This is both in terms of the technical issues that re involved, as well as the behavioural / interpersonal issues that are critical to the successful implementation of performance Management.
module 1 : introduction to performance management
- Understand the importance of performance excellence in the workplace.
- Understand why we need to manage performance.
module 2 : Performance coaching
- Understand the key principle that all work is a process.
- Understand the importance of managing processes and change.
- Identify the five key concepts of performance excellence.
- Identify exactly what is a system
module 3 : Performance management tools and implementation
- Understanding why we measure for Performance Excellence.
- Understanding what we measure for Performance Excellence.
- Understand how to measure for Performance Excellence.
- Understand why we must set goals to achieve Performance Excellence.
- Identify the five steps for eliminating non-conformance.
- Understand the concept of variation.
module 4 : Performance reviews
- Understand the importance of performance reviews.
- Understand the criteria for implementing effective performance reviews.
- Understand that everyone needs recognition.
- Understand how to manage / confront non-conformance.
- Understand why we need to work according to the principle of continuous improvement.
module 5 : Performance coaching
- Understand the principles of performance coaching.
- Identify the role of the performance coach.
- Analyse in detail what it means to coach.
- Identify the benefits of coaching.
- Identify the skills needed in the coaching environment.
module 6 :
Each delegate reviews the key learning points of the workshop and creates a personal development plan for improvement in the future.
This workshop is designed for anyone who is involved with performance management.
- One day, if the workshop takes the form of mainly an instructor-led lecture – type workshop.
- Two days, if the delegates are given the time and opportunity to practice the techniques of each module in skills practice exercises, with constructive feedback and coaching provide.
The following modes of instruction are used to ensure a stimulating and effective learning experience.
- Input for workshop leader.
- Practical, participation exercises to promote learning through experience and discover.
- Group discussion.
- Case studies and real-life examples and revision.
- Practical action plans to take back to their managers for implementation and ongoing development.
- Personal development plan